The Volumetric Mining Scanner Advantage
Creating Better Payload Management Solutions
• What Is Volumetric Load Scanning? •
Volumetric load scanning is a relatively new weight measuring system technology that is providing exciting opportunities for the mining industry. It is a revolutionary approach to payload management, and it is a solution that your mining process needs to be taking advantage of.
Rather than depending solely on static scales, a volumetric scanner measures the bulk material that is loaded into mining vehicles using 3D imaging software. This innovative system is able to provide automatic calculations of loaded trucks. As your fleet of mining vehicles slowly moves beneath the suspended scanner, which in itself is a remarkably small device compared to traditional scales, the scanner automatically measures the truckload, records the results, and sends them directly to an operator. Walz is proud to have set the industry standard for this new technology, and we’re confident that it will absolutely change the way that your mining application approaches payload management.
The Benefits of Volumetric Load Scanning
You may be wondering if the advent of volumetric scanning technology renders traditional scale systems obsolete, or at least less necessary. While there is no dyeing the practical and time-tested usefulness of mining scales, which Walz has no intention of eliminating from our production, more and more, volumetric scanning systems are becoming an obvious boon to your operation, especially when used in conjunction with scales. Here are just some of the benefits you can expect to take advantage of with a volumetric mining scanner system:
- A load scanner can operate dependably in almost any condition, delivering reliable results and superior performance.
- Accurate, real-time production tracking
- The high speed at which a volumetric mining scanner records data provides an unmatched level of efficiency to your operations.
- Clear verification and matching of shovel and haulage assets
- In regards to user-friendly operation, the volumetric load scanner operating system is easy to use and includes many time-saving features, such as touch-screen operation, cloud data sharing, and compatibility with iOS and Android operating systems on a smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- Walz only ever manufactures scanner systems that are durable enough to withstand years of operation, even in the most rugged and harsh environments.
- The volumetric load scanner system is a huge money saver, lowering operating costs and boosting productivity.
- 3D imaging technology allows for the accurate recording of every mining truck in your fleet, drastically increasing efficiency and reducing waste.
- Monitor load position, body fill factors, and carry back
- 100% automated operation
- Walz volumetric scanner systems require almost zero maintenance. Should the need ever arise that our scanners need technical attention, we’re proud to be able to offer on-site service. You’ll never have to worry about maintaining a volumetric scanner system on your own.
- You’ll be able to take advantage of 3D imaging capabilities to monitor load distributions, optimize the ways in which your vehicles are loaded, and avoid spillage and waste.
- In-motion scanning capabilities mean that your mining trucks can stay moving and still record accurate weight, density, and distribution data with no change to their haul routes
We believe that a volumetric scanner is an indispensable tool for mining payload management. The goal of this system is to optimize your payload efficiency, reduce your costs, and increase your productivity. That’s a win all around!
Is It Better to Weigh or Scan Truck Loads?
The high-performance standard presented by Walz Scale’s volumetric scanning systems begs the question — should you even bother with traditional scales? The answer is quite simple. You should choose the solution that is best for your individual mining operation. Fortunately, Walz is dedicated to providing weight system solutions that exceed customer expectations for both scanner and scale technologies. If a scanner system seems impractical for your operation and you rather use a scale system, then we’re happy to provide you with the best line of portable and permanent load scales on the market.
We don’t just sell systems, we sell solutions — whichever is best for you, we’ve got you covered.
The Best of Both Worlds
Walz Scale has been in the weight systems business for over 50 years, and during that time we’ve continually strived to innovate and be the gold-standard for the industry. While a quick internet search of the subject may claim that volumetric scanners will soon do away with scales entirely, we remain committed to providing all of the payload management solutions possible to our customers. In fact, we believe that the optimal solution that collects the most complete set of data for your operations is one that includes both traditional scales and modern scanners. Regardless of if you need a scale, a scanner, or both to accomplish your goals, Walz Scale will provide the best solution. We’re happy to be your one-stop-shop for all things related to weight data management.
Why Mining Scales Still Matter
As we touched on previously, we believe the optimal setup for your weight system management is to incorporate both volumetric scanners and mining scales. Here are some reasons why mining scales are still an important part of your day to day operations::
- Scales allow for calibration of onboard payload management systems
- Clear verification of empty vehicle weights
- Maximization of haul truck return on investment
- Scales partnered with scanners maximize your production levels
- Maximize tire lifespan
- Overall increase to operational efficiency
- Reduction of carbon emissions
- Decrease of operational and maintenance costs
- Easy verification of proper loading procedures
WLS-M OFF-ROAD TRUCK VOLUMETRIC SCANNER SYSTEM
If you opt for a volumetric load scanning system, Walz has the products that will fit your application perfectly. This model provides a real-world accuracy of greater than 99%, is capable of in-motion scanning, creates graphical load images, features cloud-based reporting, and can deliver real-time data directly to an easy-to-use interface. Additionally, this scanner includes a 12-month subscription to the software required to run the system.
• Trust Walz Scale for All Weight System Solutions •
We would like to invite you to join us in being an innovative force in the weight data management field for the mining industry. You’ve trusted Walz with your truck scales for decades, and we’ll continue to provide a superior level of dependability in all of our endeavors, including volumetric scanning technology. Scanning is quickly becoming the industry norm, and we would love to have the opportunity to discuss with you how our systems can benefit your mining operations. Contact a volumetric scanner expert at Walz today to discuss all of the possibilities and advantages that can be afforded to you when you incorporate volumetric scanning. Make the most out of your available systems with the brand that you can always trust — Walz Scale.
Like any great business owner, you’re always looking at ways to increase productivity and create better processes. Did you know that by introducing weight scales to your business, you can create a more streamlined way of conducting your logistics process? Walz Scale offers a wide array of scales and services to meet your business needs.…Read More
Find Your Scale Solution Today! Browse Our Options With a storied history dating back to the 1960s, Walz Scale has been America’s number one choice for weigh scales. From a small business to a global enterprise, we continue to bring the latest precision scale and scanner solutions to our customers, and today, we’re sharing four…Read More
As the owner and operator of a truck scale, you want your scale to last as long as possible! Just like any other piece of equipment, there are some things you can do daily to care for your truck scale and add years to its life. Learn a few ways to prolong the life of…Read More
Whether your operation weighs 10 trucks or 100 trucks a day, you need the most accurate and reliable truck scale systems to ensure that your business is both efficient and profitable. Walz has truck scales for sale in numerous configurations to match the needs of any application, from small farms to large-scale mining operations. Here…Read More
Whether your fleet of vehicles is working in an industrial, commercial, construction, or agricultural setting, there are several reasons why portability matters when it comes to your truck scales. For many operations, in-ground and permanent truck scales are a solid solution — but for others, portability is key to increasing throughput and decreasing the amount…Read More
Warehouse Efficiency Can be Increased with the Use of Lift Truck Scales Onboard volumetric scanners, as well as onboard forklift scales, can make a huge difference in your overall warehouse efficiency. Imagine being able to cut out steps of your daily warehousing process simply through the use of these devices! You may now use a…Read More
Forklift Scales Increase Efficiency Forklift drivers have a lot of things to consider when they are working every day. They need to worry about safety, the security of their load, and the quota that they need to make for the day. We at Walz Scale believe that they should not have to worry about weighing…Read More
Today’s industrial market statistics are indicating that the number of heavy-duty industrial and commercial operations that are making use of onboard scale technology is on the rise. This is turning out to be especially true for industries that heavily rely on truck scale weight systems to monitor, track, and record the amount of cargo or…Read More
While many trucking and railway operations have traditionally used static scale systems in their daily operations, advances in the field of dynamic in-motion scale technology have made weigh-in-motion scale systems a viable alternative — and an option that will save you a lot of money. Weigh-in-motion, or “dynamic” scales, don’t require a truck or railcar…Read More